Goat Simulator is going to space, and taking Arnold Schwarzenegger, Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect and goodness knows what else with it.
What in the hell is happening in this Goat Simulator space DLC
Goat Simulator developer Coffee Stain Studios has announced a new DLC called Waste of Space, launching May 26 for Android, iOS and PC.
As you’ll see in the trailer above, the add-on introduces a new environment and heaps of new assets to the strange little physics sandbox some people* might call the natural spiritual successor to Skate 3.
It also seems to have some sort of plot involving crowdfunding and a space colony, but we’re not certain. To be honest, Coffee Stain’s communications on this matter are rarely any more clear than its public-facing materials, and we kind of like that.
“In Waste of Space, you get to beat or trick people into crowdfunding you their hard-earned money, and then spend it on your own dreams of being a space McGyver in space or whatever space nerds do instead of huffing paint in their underwear like normal people,” the developer said. Here’s the feature list:
- Visit space today or get old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for
- Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!
- Endless space full of planets to visit. but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother
- There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one
- Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
- Learn how to be a real bridge commander like that spock dude from mars or whatever
- The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with all kinds of crazy**
- No crew member will be left unromanced ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
** On the YouTube page, but mysteriously not on the press release, this line is followed by the comment “I know PR. Hire me Valve!”