The first Alienation patch is out now with a host of changes.
Alienation patch lets you remove cores from weapons, adds pre-mission squad screen, more
Alienation, Housemarque’s twin-stick shooter RPG, has received its first patch. Outside of the many bug fixes, there are a few relatively big changes.
Cores can now be removed from weapons, meaning you won’t have to dismantle them to be able to re-use the cores. You’ll know also have the option to create a squad before entering a mission, on the Battles screen.
A change to respawn beacons has also been made. Activated beacons now have a shield around them, and previously activated ones will explode upon activating new ones.
Find the full list below:
- Fixed the player sometimes going through walls after teleporting
- Players no longer die if they fall off the mission area but rather get teleported to host or checkpoint restart
- Players can no longer join/invade games that they shouldn’t be able to get in because of the visibility or invasion settings
- Non-host squad members no longer spam the server with invalid messages while playing invite-only missions
- Alien cores won’t fly outside the level anymore
- Bug enemy is now easier to hit
- Flamethrower hit detection improved to take account the alien size
- Purchasing PS Plus membership while the game is running will now be instantly recognized by the game when trying to access a feature requiring PS Plus instead of a wait time up to 20 seconds
- Fixed an issue with clients not being able to rejoin ongoing game if host loses network connection mid-game
- Performance improvement to Artillery strike that has the splash upgraded
- General performance improvements
- Trophy obtaining bugs that were fixed
- Antti’s memorial area added to fort Itaipu
- Respawn beacon activation now creates shield around the beacon and the previously activated respawn beacon explodes
- Possibility to create a squad from battles menu screen prior to entering a mission
- Extra statistics shown in character and bestiary menu screens
- Support for Japanese, Chinese and Korean fonts
- Cores can be removed from weapons
- Mothership enemy level no longer scales with player level in World State 1. The enemy level will be locked to the level player was on when he first entered the Mothership
- Font tweaks mainly for the Asian fonts. This might cause layout changes in some places
- Revolver has new particle effects
- Mothership enemies in World State are now 2 levels weaker
The studio confirmed that local co-op is coming at a later date.