Destiny received a hotfix yesterday to take a care of a few post-April update issues.
Destiny patch fixes Prison of Elders chests issue, adds reworks melee combat
Among others, the patch fixes an issue that prevented some players from getting loot from chests after finishing matches in Prison of Elders challenge modes for levels 32, 34, and 35. An issue preventing the quest ‘With Finesse and Speed quest’ from being completed was also fixed.
The other big change in the patch is reworking how the game handles melee. Bungie fixed a bug that caused some melee attacks to whiff, and improved how the network validates melee strikes, to improve reliability. This change, however, will not be switched on until Tuesday, May 10 at 10am Pacific.
Find all the details of hotfix 184.108.40.206 below:
- Fixed a bug that would start a melee target search from an incorrect position, frequently coming up short and causing the melee attack to whiff
- Adjusted melee strike validation logic and player position networking during melee attacks to improve reliability across the network
- Fixed an issue in which chests in the original Prison of Elders challenge modes (Level 32, 34, 35) did not properly give loot
- Fixed an issue in which the Weekly Nightfall did not drop Ghosts above the player’s Light correctly
- Fixed an issue that prevented completion of the quest “With Finesse and Speed”
- Fixed an issue that allowed purchase of Dreadfang before the player had completed the quest to obtain it
- Fixed an issue in which some of the Faction Class items did not properly allow quest progression for Factions
- Fixed an issue where the Hunter “Spektar Grasps” item did not properly display all geometry on PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
- Fixed an issue in which Cryptarch Rank Up packages were incorrectly giving Year 1 Engrams
- Fixed an issue that would allow Universal Remote to decrypt from Special Weapon engrams when it is a primary weapon