Quantum Break has been patched, addressing some of the criticisms aimed at the Windows 10 build.
Quantum Break PC Title Update 2 addresses frame rate woes
Quantum Break Title Update 2 arrived in Windows 10 PC on Saturday.
For some reason the patch notes don’t seem to have been released via Remedy’s usual channels; the set below comes from Gamespot. Although the notes don’t mention it, the site reports the patch adds a quit option to the main menu – something of an oversight in earlier builds.
Remedy PR manager Thomas Puha says the patch also adds menu toggles for film grain and upscaling. Again, this was not listed in the update notes.
Most importantly perhaps, the update apparently remedies a recurring frame pacing problem, one of a number of serious complaints about the PC version of Quantum Break.
The patch, along with its Xbox One equivalent, goes a long way towards resolving Quantum Breaks many issues. Unfortunately we’re waiting on a Windows 10 update to fix some Quantum Break crashes.
- General Windows 10 Fixes / Updates:
- Fixed a few Unicode issues that prevented some users from launching the game
- Fixed various keyboard input issues
- Fixed aspect ratio and full screen scaling for non 16:9 resolutions
- Enable Alt+Enter to switch between full screen and windowed mode
- Fixed resolution selection when transitioning from windowed to fullscreen mode
- Fixed frame timing not matching the refresh rate
- Fixed options menu items being clickable even if they’re cropped
- Fixed 1 px gaps sometimes visible in the PC keyboard key callout backgrounds
- DRM fixes
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Credits fixes
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Remedy logo fix
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress
- Fixes for making Xbox Live integration more fault-tolerant
- Fixed in-game TV screen images which were sometimes grainy
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed rendering issues in the menus
- Fixed issue in renderer when initializing participating media
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
- Act Fixes/Updates:
- Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
- Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent players accidentally falling to their death
- Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read
- Act 5: Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in an Act 5 cinematic
The Windows10 TU2 for @QuantumBreak is out. Frame pacing fixed. Film grain on/off. Upscaling on/off, but performance takes a hit when off.
— Thomas Puha (@RiotRMD) April 30, 2016