New screenshots for the remastered version of Dead Island have been released, giving you a look at how it looks on current-gen systems.
Dead Island Definitive Collection screens show off current-gen build
Those who pre-order Dead Island Definitive Collection will be gifted with PS4 theme.
Screenshots posted below show a mixture of gameplay and Banoi scenery from Dead Island and how it looks after being rebuilt with the studio’s next-gen engine.
Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide were both give a visual and performance overhaul. Thos who purchase the game can expect the following:
- Higher Quality Textures: Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board.
- Photorealistic new lighting system: The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting.
- Physically based shading: The introduction of new physically based shading techniques means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions.
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing: The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience a much cleaner look throughout.
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets: All major geometry assets (i.e. NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase.
- HBAO and motion blur effects: The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows and the all-new motion blur effects, players will get a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI: The updated game UI provides a more consistent look for Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide.
- The Current-gen Console Experience: The Dead Island Definitive Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS®Vita Remote-Play (PS4TM), Share-Play (PS4TM), streaming and recording.
- Power Fists Power-up: The fan favorite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products, allowing players to punch their way through the mayhem.
Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will also be made available separate as a digital download for PC, PS4 and Xbox One for $19.99 each.
All three titles plus the compilation are scheduled for release on May 31.