Next week’s Iron Banner gametype in Destiny: The Taken King is Clash. Also, Lord Saladin has packed some flashy gear in his knapsack.
Destiny: next week’s Iron Banner will drop more gear after every match
According to the latest update from Bungie, alongside Legendary Engrams, more Iron Banner gear will drop after every match you play. This means you will no longer have to wait until Rank 2.
“Given that many players spend more time playing at lower ranks due to the tempered mechanic, it was important to make sure those earlier games were rewarding as well,” said Bungie.
The next Iron Banner kicks off next week on Tuesday, April 26 at 10amPT/1pm ET/6pm UK. It ends on Tuesday, May 2 at 2am PT/5am ET/10am UK.
Bungie also wanted to remind players of the Iron Banner changes which went live with the April update. Changes specific to Iron Banner are re-posted below for convenience.
Also, the reward logic issue that blocked rewards prior to Rank 5 in Iron Banner was resolved in the April update.
- Lord Saladin’s inventory has been updated with items at Ranks 3-5, some with re-rolled perks
- Rank package rewards have been adjusted:
- Increased Rank 3 package Artifact to 320 Light
- Increased Rank 5 package Ghost to 320 Light
- Rank 5 packages can now reward items from the current event
- Iron Banner Armor and Weapons can now be earned at Rank 0 at the end-of-activity
- Removed Legendary Engrams from the possible end-of-activity rewards list, creating a greater chance to receive Iron Banner specific items
- “Iron Domination” daily bounty now requires completing a match with a personal score of 1500 instead of winning a match with 2500
- “Iron Versatility” bounty now only requires 7 Heavy Weapon kills to complete
- Fixed an issue where players below Rank 5 could roll a reward they were ineligible for, resulting in no reward being given
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Banner ship was missing a part of its frame
Finally, have a look at what Lord Saladin has in his inventory below.
Hunter, Titan and Warlock Armor