The recent big Overwatch patch was datamined and we now know a lot more about the game’s new Weekly Brawls.
The Overwatch closed beta received a major patch earlier this week. The patch expanded the Play of the Game feature, added a new map and skins, but more importantly, it brought on a new mode.
The mode is called Weekly Brawls, named after Hearthstone’s Tavern Brawl. This gamemode would apply surprising and strange modifiers to custom games. Now, thanks to datamining, we know what these variations could be.
There are 14 in total, and Overpwn posted the full list. Here it is:
- Super Shimada Bros. – Welcome to Hanamura. Genji and Hanzo only. Faster abilities, slower ultimates
- Mystery Heroes – On death you will respawn as a randomly selected hero
- Justice Rains From Above! – Pharah and Mercy take to the skies
- Arcade – More health! Faster ability and ultimate cooldowns! Faster respawn
- We’re All Soldiers Now – Soldier: 76 takes command of the Control Maps
- High Noon – It’s high noon on Route 66. Headhots with McCree only
- Show Your Support – All support heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Tanks A Lot – All tank heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Overly Defensive – All defense heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Highly Offensive – All offense heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Head’s Up!- McCree, Genji, Hanzo and Widowmaker. Headshots only
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – McCree, Reaper and Roadhog duke it out
- MOBA-watch – Unique heroes per team. No hero switching allowed
- Girl Power – Female heroes only. Sorry boys
Of course, it’s not confirmed whether all of these will make it. So could down the line, but as is always the case with games in development, things could change.