Capcom said the real-money in-game shop called Zenny will miss the March content release, and it realizes the inconvenience this will cause for some without enough Fight Money to purchase DLC characters.
Because of this Alex, will be offered for free to all players until the Zenny shop launches. Along with Alex, the free trial will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching.
Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters released before its launch will end. At that point, players will need to use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access the characters.
“After much review, have decided it is not ready to launch just yet,” reads the Capcom Unity post. “As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it.
“There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready. Any DLC character related content such as costumes that is purchased with Fight Money during the trial period will remain in your account once the trial period ends.
“But, you’ll need to purchase Alex to use that content. The same goes for colors and character progress, etc. that are earned during the trial period.”
More details on the trials, costumes, and other content purchasable with Fight Money or through the Season Pass can be found through Capcom Unity.
With that out of the way, what to expect next week is posted below.
On Monday, March 28, the following content will be released:
- Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
Online Rematch Option: Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.
Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
- Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.
On Wednesday, March 30 players can expect the following to drop:
Alex + related character story content
In-Game Shop – Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).