Sony has finally unveiled the list of features we can expect to see when firmware update 3.50 rolls around.
Beta testing will begin tomorrow for firmware update 3.50 for PlayStation 4. We knew a new major update was in the works when the company started accepting beta sign-ups recently.
The new firmware is codenamed Musashi, and it has quite a few decent features.
Find all the details below:
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu
- User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together
- PlayStation Plus – A new option in the PlayStation Plus destination will allow you to easily check and manage your online storage.
There is currently no release date yet for Musashi.