Wii U title Pokken Tournament will be joining the Pokemon Championship Series beginning this spring.
Nintendo announced today that there will be Pokken Tournament Early Access Competitions held at select GameStop locations across the US, starting Saturday, February 27.
Winners from the regional tournaments will advance to the finals being held at the Nintendo New York City store on March 17.
The final two winners of the Pokken Tournament Early Access Competitions be flown to the 2016 Pokemon US National Championships which take place July 1-3 in Columbus, Ohio. There, they will battle to advance to the 2016 Pokemon World Championships which takes place in August in San Francisco.
GameStop stores hosting the local qualifiers for the Pokken Tournament Early Access Competitions are located in the following cities:
- 2201 Preston Road, Plano, TX
- 1841 Chamblee Tucker Road, Chamblee, GA
- 3972 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA
- 8115 S. John Young Parkway, Orlando, FL
- 6451 W. Diversey Ave., Chicago, IL
- 242 Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA
- 32 E. 14th St. – Union Square, New York, NY
- 3914 Rivermark Plaza, Santa Clara, CA
The early access competitions are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. You can find out more on how to participate as well as go over the rules and regulations through here.
Pokken Tournament will arrive on Wii U in Europe, Japan and North America on March 18.