Extended opening hours, afternoon tickets, more floor space.
Tickets for this year’s EGX are on sale now. Go get em, cowboy.
EGX 2016 takes places at Birmingham NEC, promising over 250 games from the likes of Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft and Activision across 5,000 screens.
It’s the second year EGX has been held outside of London, and the organisers are promising improvements on last year.
“These include the addition of a fifth hall, resulting in 20 per cent more floor space; more playable games and features than ever before; the introduction of afternoon tickets; and extended opening hours on Saturday and Sunday.
“Additionally, an improved registration process is being implemented to allow attendees to maximise their gameplay time at the event.”
Here’s a bullet-point list of stuff popping off during the event, which takes place September 22-25.
- The number one destination for fans of games to meet up with friends and share their enthusiasm for their hobby
- A huge Rezzed Zone with the world’s largest collection of independently developed games
- A packed Developer Sessions schedule featuring the world’s greatest game creators
- A massive eSports stage delivered in partnership with Gfinity, leaders in eSports
- The biggest ever EGX cosplay arena
- More retro games and retro gaming systems than ever before
- The GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair, offering invaluable advice to those looking to begin a career in games
- Prominent YouTube personalities meeting fans
- The Rezzed Sessions stage, featuring panels giving in-depth insight into the game development process
- Retail stands with limited edition merch and pre-order incentives exclusive to EGX
- The UK’s number one fighting game stage
- A large tabletop gaming area with the latest games, and experts from Esdevium Games on-hand to guide players
Disclosure: EGX is organised by Gamer Network, a business partner of VG247.