Path of Exile’s next expansion, Ascendancy, has a release date set for March.
It features the Lord’s Labyrinth which changes daily and features many a deadly trap and other challenges designed to test PoE players.
Players can use a new set of skills and items to help them survive the Labyrinth, including the introduction of 19 new Ascendancy character classes. Each one has its own passive skill tree.
Path of Exile: Ascendancy includes:
- Trials of Ascendancy: Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms – an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.
- The Lord’s Labyrinth: An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Emperor Izaro: You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.
- Ascendancy Classes: There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
- Enchantments: Izaro’s power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- New Skills: Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.
- New Items: Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.
Ascendancy will be available on March 4 and if you’ve yet to give Path of Exile a go, Pat feels it’s one of the best free-to-play games out on PC.
The announcement trailer from November is posted above.