The Descent of the Shroud expansion is out today and you can download it for free if you already own the game.
The DLC for the sci-fi RTS introduces a fourth faction called the Shroud, described as “destructive, alien life forms” that have “landed on Ecosystem Nine to feed off of its energy—and destroy the Human, Beta and Goo factions that stand in their way.”
The expansion will bring new units to the three existing factions, as well as a single-player campaign.
The Definitive Edition is also available today, and here’s what that will get you:
- A brand-new multiplayer faction: face off against—or play as—the Shroud
- New units: the Humans’ Valiant, the Beta’s Squall and the Goo’s Siphon
- All DLC, including the “Emergence” and “Descent of the Shroud” campaigns
- Mission 16: “Herald of Silence”
- The complete game soundtrack
- Additional Shroud-related accomplishments
- An extensive gameplay balance overhaul
You’ll be able to get your hands on the new DLC and the Definitive Edition at 6pm GMT.