Nintendo has announced a firm release date for Pokken Tournament.
Serebii.net has also posted some more information on tournament modes in the title, which range from Single Battle to Online Ranked Matches.
Here’s the rundown courtesy of Nintendo Life:
- Single Battle – A typical single player mode with three difficulty settings.
- Local Battle – Two players against each other, one on the GamePad – this will run at 30fps instead of the game’s norm of 60fps.
- Online Friendly Matches – Play against anyone, those on your Friends List or by using a ‘Battle Code’; these are unranked fights.
- Online Ranked Matches – Earn ranking points in online matches
- LAN Support – Link two Wii U’s for a 60fps local match.
Early this week, scans from CoroCoro magazine revealed fighters Braixen, Garchomp and Mewtwo for the fighter. Today, two other sets of support fighters were confirmed to include Pachirisu, Magikarp, Sylveon and Croagunk.
Pokken Tournament will arrive on Wii U will release in Europe and North America on March 18, which is the same day it arrives in Japan.
Those who buy the early production run version will also receive the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, which can be tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller to unlock the playable character in the game.