Rainbow Six Siege gets a little bit shinier.
The first Rainbow Six Siege title update releases for all systems today.
If you’re playing on PC you may see an error message (“[3-0x80030081] IncompatibleCustomClientVersion”) which is nothing to worry about; just restart your client to kick off the update.
While the patch brings a number of bug fixes and improvements, the headline feature is an optional graphical update for PC. You’ll need to download it as a DLC pack to check it out, but it’s free.
The pack adds ultra-HD textures to many common assets, and is highly recommended for 4K users. Ubisoft said anyone with a 4GB GPU will still see the benefit at resolutions of 1080p to 1440p, but those with better rigs will be able to leverage ultra settings and 4K display along with the pack for the best possible results.
Full patch notes follow.
- New Content & Features
- Visual Update
– DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC Players
- Community Health
– Implemented an auto-kick feature for intentional team killers
General Tweaks & Improvements
- Hit Registration
- Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:
- Pawn rotation latency
- Shield positioning while rappelling
- Shooting and moving while rappelling
- Kill cam replication issues
- Updated server tick rate for PC (intermittent & temporary)
- Playlist Changes
- PvP – Ranked playlist HUD has been synced with the Casual playlist
- Renamed Minimal HUD to Hardcore HUD
- Ranked Matchmaking Improvements
- Increased reliability of end-game skill rank updates.
- The penalty for abandoning a ranked game in progress has been temporarily reduced to 8 minutes.
- Skill rank icon is now displayed on the game’s main screen, next to your level.
- Other Matchmaking Improvements
- PvP & PvE matchmaking bug fixes
- PvP – Reduced time to detect Defenders outside from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- PvE – Reduced the maximum number of White Masks and reduced wave sizes in Terrorist Hunt – Disarm Bomb.
- Player Comfort
- Increased the amount of characters available tin the chatbox from 32 characters to 128 characters.
- Glaz scope visibility enhanced.
- Top Community Raised Bug Fixes
- Gameplay fixes
- Level Design fixes
- Online Flow fixes
- Visual fixes
- UI fixes
- Miscellaneous fixes