If you’ve played Mount & Blade and have a craving for a dash more pirates and a dollop of battles at sea, then Blood and Gold: Caribbean! is for you.
Originally released as Caribbean! by Snowbird Games, Blood and Gold: Caribbean! is essentially the same game, but with a slew of additional features that were cut when the game left early access.
Players that already own Caribbean! can download it for free, but as the save games aren’t compatible, you’ll have to start over. Snowbird Games heartily recommends that you do, so that you can enjoy all the new bits. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Addition of the native Caribbean troops
- Playable female character
- Ability to take a walk in town
- All new 3D global map
- Multiplayer mode
- Blackjack minigame
- Quests from governors
- Special missions, including assassination contracts, some of which require stealth approach
- New special locations: plantations, mines, monasteries, ruins of Aztec empire
- Management of the player’s trading caravans
- Hub for managing player’s business and property in a much more convenient way
- Completely reworked land battle locations
- Updated fleet management — ships will have to be kept at bay when you proceed to travel on land
- Destructible fortifications during sieges
- New prison escape system
Blood and Gold: Caribbean! is available now on Steam and GOG.