Star Citizen’s Alpha 2.0 version is now available for all backers to play.
The Alpha contains space combat in a large area, first-person battles and multi-crew ships.
- EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity) – drift out of your ship’s airlock and venture into the void of space and back
- 20+ random encounters – combat and exploration (lost wrecks and abandoned space stations)
- Quantum travel – travel in ships through the vastness of space at 0.2 the speed of light
- New flyable ships including the Constellation, the Retaliator and the Vanguard.
- Large world tech – explore extremely large expanses of space seamlessly, without loading screens
- One planet (Crusader)
- Three moons
- Three distinct space stations
- One repair/restock station
- Nine comm arrays: Wreckage to scavenge and never-ending battles in the Yela asteroid belt; more
Cloud Imperium also announced funding for the title has reached over $100 million, it has over one million “citizens” and 32-thousand fan-created organizations – the largest of which has over 11,000 people.
A video featuring Alpha 2.0 gameplay is posted below. It’s the same video which debuted during The Game Awards 2015 last week.