Video games are a major player on YouTube, and popularity wise, we imagine the content sits somewhere between videos of cats and people getting hurt in a hilarious manner.
According to figures released by YouTube Gaming, the following gaming videos were at the top of the trending list for 2015.
The methodology used to determine the top ten was based on the number of views, shares, comments and likes.
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial) (Liam Neeson – aka angryneeson52)
- Real GTA
- Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 Teaser Trailer
- WARNING: YOU WILL DIE | Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 – Part 1
- Discover Pokémon in the Real World with Pokémon GO!
- Fallout 4 – Official Trailer
- Elders Play Grand Theft Auto V (Elders React: Gaming)
- Halo VS Call of Duty
- Final Fantasy 7 – E3 2015 Trailer | PS4
The firm also conducted research on this year’s top games on YouTube, based on views and watch time.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- FIFA 16
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 4
- Fallout 4
- Mortal Kombat X
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Until Dawn
A survey was also conducted to gain insight into the diversity of the gaming community.
In partnership with Ipsos MediaCT, the survey polled 4,803 participants ages 18-54 in the US. The survey found that 2,802 of the General Online Population go online at least monthly and 2,001 (YouTube Gamers, Gamers) go online at least monthly and watch gaming videos on YouTube at least monthly.
Of the 4,803 surveyed, 47% of YouTube Gamers are parents, a third of users are 35 years and up, and 30% of viewers are women.
Pretty interesting stats and lists there.