Destiny PvP fans have a new challenge ahead.
After the November Destiny update, the Iron Banner tournament will return to the Crucible.
All past Iron Banner events have been played in Control mode, but the next one will feature Clash – a more straightforward deathmatch style affair than the territory-claiming of past events.
“I’d expect to see a bit less Super ability usage, and a lot more shooting across the board, but good teams will work together and hold territory even without the scoring incentives that Control provided,” senior designer Derek Carroll wrote on the Bungie Weekly Update.
“This will be the first time we’ve played Clash with power differences enabled, so it will be interesting to see how power affects this most basic of 6v6 gametypes.”
There will also be a change to reward systems:
- Iron Banner reputation from winning matches increased by 20%
- Activity completion rewards increased at all ranks, with even more significant increases at Rank 2 and above
- Packages from Lord Saladin upon reaching Rank 3 and Rank 5
- Iron Banner Artifacts can be obtained from the Rank 3 package
- Iron Banner Ghost Shells can be obtained from the Rank 5 package or activity completion rewards