Nintendo expects to exceed Wii and DS era profits within three years

By Stephany Nunneley, Friday, 30 October 2015 13:41 GMT

Nintendo CEO Tatsumi Kimishima expects the company to exceed Wii and DS era profits within three years.

Speaking with Nikkei, as translated by Kyle McLain, Kimishima said he expect the company’s smart phone business to factor heavily to said expectations.

The firm’s mobile titles will be available in eight languages and available in over 100 countries, with the first title Miitomo releasing in March 2016.

Miitomo is a free-to-play title which uses Nintendo Mii avatars. Five mobile titles are current in the works, with the remaining four to be released by March 2017 as previously indicated.

Nintendo released its latest financial report this week that during the half of fiscal 2016, the company $1.69 billion in sales, up 19.1% year-over-year. Net income came in at $74.5 million and $953 million in sales.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

Nintendo Financials Q2 2015