Rocket League has a received another major patch that launches the first season of ranked play, among many other additions.
As promised, Rocket League’s patch 1.05 is now live. The patch resets all of the game’s leaderboards and begins the first season of ranked play. PC players now also have the ability to filter PS4 players out of matchmaking.
The changelog is massive, so we’ve picked the most notable changes to add below.
- Ranked Season 1 Officially begins
- Added multiple Ranked Season Divisions with post-Season Division placement rewards
- Added “Ranked Solo Standard” back to the Online match queue
- Made multiple improvements and adjustments to the Utopia Coliseum arena
- PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
- Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
- Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
- Added multiple “Spectate” mode improvements
- Added 12 new Community Flags, 2 new Chivalry Flags, and 20+ new Country Flags
- Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches
-Season 1 has officially begun and all leaderboards have been reset
-The “Solo Standard” 3v3 Ranked Playlist has been re-added
-Season Rankings are now based on Rank Points (RP)
- Rank Points are gained or lost based on Player skill rating, teammates’ skill, and the opponent’s skill (like the Pre-Season rating)
- Rank Points change consistently throughout the Season unlike the Pre-Season skill rating, which changed less and less the more games that were played
- Earning 100 RP will promote Players to the next Division, but dropping below 0 RP will demote them to the previous Division
- The Player’s initial division is seeded based on their Pre-Season skill rating
-Ranked Divisions are now separated into Unranked, Bronze I, Bronze II, Bronze III, Silver I, Silver II, Silver III, Gold I, Gold II, Gold III, Platinum (Top 100 Players).
-Reaching Silver, Gold, or Platinum division rewards players with special reward items at the Season’s end
-Note: Season 1 will last for the next several months. An end date will be announced several weeks in advance
In addition, the patch brings free content in the form of flags and antennas.