Lovely, lovely cloaks. Here’s how to beat the Hunter subclass quests in The Taken King and grab yourself something nice, shiny and level 40.
You pick these quests up from the Vanguards in the Tower.
Note that these are only the main parts of these quests. You’ll need to return to the tower to talk to the Vanguard between each step. Each subclass quest gifts you a level 40 class item with 220 defense.
How to complete the Path of the Nightstalker subclass quest
The new Hunter subclass, introduced by The Taken King, turns Destiny’s tactician into a support class. Here’s how to get it.
How to complete the Path of the Bladedancer subclass quest
Even slippery invisible dudes need nice gear. Get slashing and take home the Bladedancer’s Cloak.
- Slay Enemies – Defeat 50 enemies with your Arc Blade, grenade or melee attack. Do as you’re told. Just do some Strikes or Patrols and kill some grunts.
- Create Orbs of Light – Generate 25 Orbs using your Arce Blade. Find a well-populated area and use gear suited to boosting your super, such as the pulse rifle Bad Juju. The faster you can regenerate your super the easier this’ll be. Remember to aim for yellow enemies, so maybe try the tank section of The Shadow Thief. Kill the Captains and profit.
- Complete the Path – Fully upgrade the Bladedancer subclass. Haven’t done this already? You’ll just have to do bounties until you’ve maxed the subclass out.
- Cayde’s Challenge – Complete a Strike using the Arc Blade to kill at least 3 Major enemies and 15 enemies total. This is one of the easier subclass challenges. Pick a Strike in which you’ll face a lot of yellow enemies, such as Will of Crota, and just down them with your super. This is best done with two friends, as randoms will probably just kill the Majors before you get to them. Remember you have to kill the three Majors and 12 other enemies using your super in a single Strike: if you don’t, you’ll have to start all over again, so be sure you’ll bagged enough before you take down the boss.
How to complete the Path of the Gunslinger subclass quest
Big bullets in the Darkness’s shadowy face. Grab the Gunslinger’s Cloak and look good while you’re doing it.
- Slay Enemies – Defeat 50 enemies with your Golden Gun, grenade or melee attack. Try to do this while you’re doing other activities such as Strikes, just to make it feel less of a grind. To be honest, though, you’ll finish it before you blink.
- Create Orbs of Light – Generate 25 Orbs using your Golden Gun. This one’s easy, too. Just find a well-populated area, use gear suited to boosting your super regen and kill stuff. Try Siege of the Warmind or Will of Crota. They both have tons of stuff to kill.
- Complete the Path – Fully upgrade the Gunslinger subclass. Not done this yet? Turn in bounties to max out the Gunslinger subclass.
- Cayde’s Challenge – Complete a Strike using the Golden Gun to kill at least 3 Major enemies and 15 enemies total. As with the final Bladedancer step above, you’re best off doing this with two friends. Try Will of Crota, and make sure you get the killing shot with your Golden Gun on at least three yellow enemies. Remember that you need all these kills to happen within the same Strike, so don’t kill the boss until you’ve got three dead Majors and 12 other grunts on the score-sheet.