Wandering around on Patrol, you were rudely press-ganged into a mission identified only by a series of question marks. What’s going on?
Destiny: The Taken King – how to finish ???????? Patrol missions
Sometimes Patrols in The Taken King take an odd turn. Ghost will announce that you’ve received a strange transmission that he can’t decode, and you’ll automatically start a new mission called “???????” or similar.
It is appropriate at this time to say “what” several times at escalating volume and pitch. We haven’t yet gotten to the bottom of this mystery, but we can tell you how to finish the mission and get on with your life.
These enigmatic Patrol missions challenge you to complete three tasks, but don’t tell you what those tasks are. If you wait long enough most of the question marks will be replaced with text, allowing you to guess, or sometimes you’ll just randomly stumble across the solution.
There don’t seem to be very many of these tasks, and we’ll be collating them here as we discover them. When prompted with a task, try any of the following:
- “Dancefloors mastered”: perform an emote. It doesn’t have to be dance.
- “Critical kills”: dispatch enemies with precision shots.
- “Resources collected”: open chests and harvest materials.
- “Enemy creatures defeated”: kill baddies.
- “Feelings expressed”: emote.
- “Heads blown off”: shoot heads off – note that with Vex this means not aiming for the juicebox!