Making sense of Mother Base and utilising it to serve your needs is an integral part of Metal Gear Solid 5. Let us help with that.
Metal Gear Solid 5: How to build the best Mother Base for free
Metal Gear Solid 5 throws you in at the deep end when it comes to Mother Base management. Mother Base is your home, and while it may be possible to ignore it and focus on the main game, you’ll be putting yourself at a serious disadvantage and miss out on some of the best gear and equipment.
It’s also possible to spend real-world money on your Forward Operating Base, but it’s completely unnecessary as far as we can see. With careful planning and management you can build a great Mother Base without spending proper cash.
Managing Mother Base can be automated to a great extent, but there are few key things you will need to be aware of to direct the process.
Here are the general benefits of maintaining and growing your base:
- Developing new equipment/gear and upgrade existing ones
- Having a combat-ready staff that can be dispatched to finish missions and earn you resources and GMP (in-game currency)
- Treating staff injuries and having better chances of fultoning injured recruits back to base
- Expanding the range and versatility of the support you can be given in the field
- Gathering valuable intel (enemy locations/activity etc) about each mission and every nook and cranny of the field
Now that’s out of the way, let’s go over what you’ll need to be doing to manage your successful Diamond Dogs.
Early on in the game, you don’t get access to all of the different platforms, but when you do, you’ll need to focus on upgrading a few key ones first that will impact the way you play the most.
Next: Which Mother Base platform should you expand first