Tripwire Interactive has released the latest free content update to Killing Floor 2.
The free Incinerate ‘N Detonate pack adds 50% more content to the game, and the developers want folks to try it out; therefore, Killing Floor 2 will be free to play on Steam all weekend starting September 3. It will also be 33% off.
Along with the new content, the update makes use of Nvidia’s PhysX Flex for GeFore 770 and above cards. The tech enables “more spectacular and realistic” physics-led effects.
The Incinerate ‘N Detonate pack features the following contents:
- 2 New Perks – Firebug and Demolitions, each with new weapons and grenades
- 2 New Maps – Evacuation Point and Catacombs
- New Weapons – More arsenal to destroy Zeds with such as the Dual 9mm Pistols
- Nvidia PhysX Flex Technology
- Berserker Skill Tree – Complete overhaul revamps the Berserker skill tree to a whole new level
- After Action Report – New system adding Team Awards, Personal Stats and Map Voting
- Map Voting allows players to vote on the next map, winning map travels to server after
- Kick Voting allows players to vote kick a player from the map
- New Achievements
- Zed Hit Zones – Allows Areas on the Zeds to have different hit effects and vulnerabilities based on different zones
- New Steam Workshop functionality
- Audio Fixes – Huge overhaul to improve audio system
- Old map and skill tree refinements such as the Commando skill tree
Killing Floor 2 is available for PC via Steam Early Access for $29.99/₤19.99/€26.99 and is in the works for PlayStation 4.