Destiny: The Taken King went mega at gamescom 2015. Catch up on all the biggest news.
So much Destiny: The Taken King news broke last week that you are quite forgiven for missing any of it. Our main man Arekkz trotted along to gamescom and took a look at the expansion, and has put together this handy list of the things you need to know.
You should definitely watch the video above for all the details, but here’s a quick summary:
- Story overhaul including existing missions, Nolan North replaces Peter Dinklage as Ghost
- Bounty slots increased to 16, bounties turned in from menu
- Tower NPCs have new functions, including Prototype Weapons and Arms Day
- Light and levelling system overhauled
- Weekly Crucible challenges
- Character statistics expressed in time, not percentage
- New weapons, armour and exotics replacing older gear
- Faction reputation system changed
- Shaders and emblems no longer stored in inventory
- New and extended end-game content including Court of Oryx and Dreadnaught content
Destiny: The Taken King launches on September 15.