Comcept confirms Mighty No. 9 has been delayed into Q1 2016

By Stephany Nunneley, Wednesday, 5 August 2015 20:52 GMT

Reports from last week were true: Mighty No. 9 has been delayed into Q1 2016.

An exact release date isn’t confirmed at present, according to a messages to Kickstarter backers by Comcept. The developer said “release delay is going to be announced for the game at gamescom 2015.”

Whether this means a firm release date will be revealed or just a pubic announcement of the delay is unknown as of press time.

“It is important to explain why exactly the game is being delayed,” reads the announcement. “As we have communicated in the updates to our backers, all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state. However, there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game.

“These bugs and issues have a direct affect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release.”

Comcept said it and its partners are working at “full capacity to resolve these issues” and there are plans to open another “platform survey” once a final release date has been settled upon.

Keiji Inafune’s studio Comcept Kickstarted the spiritual successor to Mega Man in 2013 and it garnered over $3.8 million in pledges. It was originally slated to be released in April 2015 before being delayed into September.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments