Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition developer Beamdog has announced a 25 hour expansion bridging the gap between the RPG and its sequel.
Baldur’s Gate: Adventure Y is exactly what Beamdog promised it would be – an all new game presenting the heretofore untold tale of what happened between Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2.
An expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Siege of Dragonspear boasts 25 hours of content and has not yet been priced or dated, but is expected before the end of the year on Linux, Mac and PC. It will come to Android and iOS “shortly thereafter”.
You do need to own Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition to play Siege of Dragonspear, and can import your character and save from the base game – as well as export it to Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition. It supports up to six players in cross-play co-op multiplayer.
Below you’ll find a trailer, story blurb and feature list.
Though Sarevok is dead and his plan for war averted, peace eludes the citizens of Baldur’s Gate. A crusade marches from the north, seizing supplies, forcing locals into military service, and disrupting trade along the Sword Coast. A charismatic warrior known as the Shining Lady leads this army, her background shrouded in mystery. Can the rumors be true—is she, like you, the child of a god?
The closer you get to the Shining Lady, the more you realize your father, the dead Lord of Murder still casts a long shadow upon your path. Baldur’s Gate has put its faith in you, but you must determine whose interests you truly serve before you face the Shining Lady among the ruins of Dragonspear Castle.
- Expand Your Story: Explore new areas, fight new monsters, and win new rewards in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Continue the adventure by exporting your game to Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
- The Crusade Rises: A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Explore the Sword Coast: Venture through vibrant new hand-painted areas in the classic style of the original Baldur’s Gate
- Gather Your Party: The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with Neera, Rasaad, Dorn, and four new additions
- To Infinity and Beyond: Updated UI and improved Infinity Engine features
- Extra Class: New items, quests, and a new class: the spirit-calling shaman
- Venture Forth With A Friend: Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- Story Mode: A difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
Making good on the promise of its countdown teaser, Beamdog made the announcement via a Twitch stream before returning the website to its original form. A dedicated Siege of Dragonspear hub has been opened if you want more information.