The Witcher 3’s largest patch is coming soon and it changes the game drastically.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received a number of patches already on both consoles and PC. The next update however is primed to be its most major yet.
Developer CD Projekt RED has been occupied with work on patch 1.07, which is close but still without a release date. A preliminary list of changes were posted earlier and they include things like movement changes for Geralt, the addition of a stash, and much more.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly greyed out
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gamepla-
- Various improvements to horse behavior
This week won’t bring any free DLC, as the studio is still busy with the patch. The free DLCs flow will continue next week. As for the rest of the patch notes, the full list will be published later this week.