Destiny: The Taken King was revealed at E3 2015 but until today we didn’t really have any details.
Bungie has finally outlined exactly what is included in The Taken King, Destiny’s first major expansion. Arekkz goes over the details in this video, or look below for a text list.
Here’s the contents of the $40 expansion, direct from the Bungie Weekly Update:
- New story missions and an array of sidequests that conspire to tell the story of our battle to defend our Solar System against Oryx and his Taken army
- New narrative driven by cinematic cutscenes starring an engaging cast of characters
- New Exotic Weapons, Exotic Armor, and Exotic Questlines
- The Dreadnaught, a full new destination, with unique secrets, rituals, and treasures to uncover
- A new breed of enemy combatants, The Taken, armed with new abilities and weapons
- An increased Level Cap, and new ways for your Guardian to grow more powerful
- The most substantial injection of new, unique, and redesigned weapons, armor, and talents to date
- New subclasses with all new Supers and abilities
- New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
- Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken
- New Crucible multiplayer maps with new Crucible modes, including the previously revealed Rift and Mayhem
- And, of course, last but not least, our biggest six-player Raid yet
Bungie promised to provide details on all of this between now and The Taken King’s September 15 launch date.
The Taken King is available as digital upgrade to those who own the base game and twi DLC packs, and you can upgrade the upgrade to get all the collector’s goodies offered to those who buy a full re-release instead – as well as some Year One exclusive items.