Super Mario maker is a game where you make Marios, and then play those Marios, or play other people’s Marios. “It is 2015 and everything is a remix.”
Look at this enormous pile of Super Mario maker screenshots and artwork Nintendo sent over after its E3 2015 presentation. Many of these were also delivered at 27MB+ bitmaps too large to display even across both of my screens. What on earth do they imagine we will do with them? Perhaps you need to print one out as a banner to carry behind a plane. Well tough, because I batch processed these, too.
Screenshots. Factsheet. Artwork. Digest the details yourself; we are too tired to dance for you. The newly-titled Super Mario Maker launches in September with a special 8-bit Mario Amiibo.
￼The Mario experience of your dreams has arrived and is bursting with creativity… including yours! Play a near-limitless number of intensely creative Super Mario levels from players around the world. It’s easy enough to create your own levels with the Wii U GamePad controller that it may feel like you’re simply sketching out your ideas on paper, but you can now bring enemies and objects into a playable course in ways you could only dream of before. What was impossible in traditional Mario games is now impossibly fun, so let your imagination run wild!
- Play a near-limitless number of Mario levels created by Nintendo and players around the world.
- Create your own Mario levels by using the Wii U GamePad controller touch screen to add enemies, blocks, pipes and more.
- Break the conventions of traditional Super Mario gameplay by blending enemies, traps and items into unexpected twists, like Piranha Plant-shooting cannons, power-up-tossing Lakitus, or even Hammer Bros. riding on Bowser while bouncing on trampolines.
- Touch control, instant editing and a robust online ranking and search system makes creating, playing and sharing a seamless process.
- Switch between four distinct themes, each with different art styles and features: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros. U.
- Transform into different characters at random with the new Mystery Mushroom item. Expand the roster of possible characters by completing 100 Mario Challenge mode or tapping compatible amiibo.
- Tap a 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to add a Big Mushroom power-up to your course.
- Each retail copy of the game will come with a special booklet that offers fun ideas for designing courses.