The release date for the Need for Speed reboot has been revealed along with more information on the reboot from Ghost Games.
The game contains 20 years of history and inspiration from some of the best features in the storied franchise, with EA dubbing it the “definitive Need for Speed experience.”
During EA’s E3 2015 press conference, Ghost Games detailed “Five Ways to Play”: Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw.
Built around five real-world automotive icons, each “a hero of today’s car culture” players will need to earn their respect and build their reputation to become the ultimate icon themselves through various game play elements and interconnected narrative.
Here are the five tenants of the game in detail:
- Speed – Pedal to the metal, high speeds, maximum adrenaline rush. Keep your nerve and never lift off the gas, the fearless always push the limits.
- Style – Expression through driving, sliding the car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. For some, style is all that matters.
- Build – Take your car to the extreme through visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.
- Crew – Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others and the skill of close proximity chaos.
- Outlaw – Messing with and escaping from the cops. Push the limits and live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.
“We’re bringing in Five Ways to Play to ensure that your gameplay experience is all your own and helps propel your progression every second, every minute,” said Marcus Nilsson, executive producer at Ghost Games. “We want everyone to experience that perfect Need for Speed moment – driving insanely fast, sliding through a corner in your customized ride alongside your friends, whilst being chased by the cops.”
The development team also worked with Speedhunters which hand-picked iconic cars, and consulted on authentic after-market brands, performance tuning, and personalized handling.
Need for Speed will be released on November 3 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.