Nordic Games has announced a “large-scale project” based on the Darksiders franchise is in the works, along with a release window for the Darksiders 2 Definitive Edition dubbed the Deathinitive Edition.
According to the press release issued today, Nordic has been discussing the next chapter for Darksiders over the last two years.
The company said there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now “it is very important for to take care of the existing games” and make both available to a broader audience, starting with the Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition.
The visually updated version of Darksiders 2 will display at 1080p and along with the graphics upgrade, adjustments to the game balancing and loot distribution have been made thanks to Gunfire Games. The studio is made up of former Vigil Games staffers, which developed both Darksiders games.
The Deathinitive Edition features the following:
Deathinitive Edition Features:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours: (Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb)
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition will be made available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this winter.