Powerplay, the latest update to Frontier Developments’ massively multiplayer space game Elite: Dangerous, is ready for download.
This is the third, free content update for the game to-date and comes with new features, ship, and a new way to wage war in your quest for interstellar supremacy.
It is the largest batch of content released as it contains hundreds of upgrades and new features.
In Powerplay, players can pledge allegiance to “one of a number of galactic Powers” and guide their faction’s strategy by taking on special objectives.
Perks, reputation bonuses and unique equipment will be handed out when choosing an allegiance, defending the territory. Every action taken in will have a “direct and visible impact on the balance of galactic power” for all players.
Here’s a short list of content included in Powerplay:
- An enhanced mission system with new objectives and new ways to play.
- Three new ships: the Lakon Diamondback Scout, Lakon Diamondback Explorer and the Imperial Courier.
- Drones for cargo collection, fuel trading and prospecting.
- A new illustrated GalNet newsfeed, accessible directly in players’ ship UI.
- High and low intensity mining sites, adding risk to mining and increasing potential rewards.
- New minable commodities.
- An updated bounty system.
- Upgraded UI and animated emblems for ranking up.
- Numerous other improvements to gameplay and performance.
Elite: Dangerous is available for PC and Mac, and is coming to Xbox One later this year.