A treasure hunt of sorts.
The Witcher 3: Free Spirit
This quest is easily missed. To trigger it, you need to wander around Snidhall island, north of the Acnient Crypt signpost on Ard Skellig, until you see a warrior attacking a helpless man.
If you save the defenceless chap, the quest proper begins. His name is Ivar, and he’s after a collection of books.
These books can be found by chance or purchased in a wide variety of locations (check your quest item inventory; you may have some already) but you can find guaranteed copies at the following spots:
- Change Your Life! A Handbook – loan shark merchant in Novigrad, northwest of the Southern Gate
- The Cult of Freya – purchase from reluctant alchemist merchant masquerading as priest in Elector’s Square, north Novigrad
- The Curious Case of Virtuous Vegga – merchant in Novigrad near the notice board at St Gregory’s Bridge
- Religion and Life – purchase from merchant in Crow’s Perch
- Tristianna and Isador – purchase from merchant in Lindenvale
When you have all five, return to Ivar to turn the quest in.