A Tropico 5 expansion called Espionage has been announced, and it will be made available globally next week for PC, Mac and SteamOS.
The expansion contains the new adventure The Maltese Toucan which tasks players with protecting Tropico’s treasures from foreign agents.
Here’s a synopsis:
Protect Tropico’s borders and reveal enemy agents by installing Security Checkpoints and throwing them in the island’s new Dungeon. Train your own spies in the new Spy Academy and send them off to steal foreign capital or top secret technology from your enemies. Foil attacks on your beautiful island paradise by building the Ministry Of Information and monitor your citizens according to the strict Tropican data privacy laws. For additional air security you can call on the new Police Blimp, and for serious military scenarios you will be equipped with some new toys: the Mechanized Garrison is battle seasoned and ready for any state of emergency.
Spanning six missions, you can expect manipulation, revolts and acts of sabotage as you use all the resources at your disposal to protect your island from the outside powers trying to move in. Will your drink be ‘shaken or stirred’ at the end of this thrilling spy tale?
- New campaign and a story spanning six missions
- Nine new spy and military themed buildings
- Four new island maps, such as “Dos Torres,” and “Grito Grande”
- Four new music tracks
- Four new avatar costumes, such as “Evening Gown” (female), “Tuxedo” (male)
- Six new avatar accessories: “Spy” (hat), “Long Curls” (hair), and more
- New sandbox tasks and events to go with the new ‘espionage’ setting
- All new content plus the new spying mechanics are also available in existing Sandbox maps and in all multiplayer modes.
The Espionage expansion for Tropico 5 will be available May 28 on Steam for $19.99. For non-Steam users, the PC version can be obtained through Kalypso.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 users can purchase the DLC at a later date.