Destiny: House of Wolves will launch tomorrow. Here’s everything you need to know about Bungie’s latest expansion.
House of Wolves is the second expansion for House of Wolves, but it offers a great deal more than the extra missions, equipment and level cap increase we received with The Dark Below.
Rounding out Year One of Destiny when it releases tomorrow, House of Wolves will cement Destiny’s endgame, providing perpetual content and real challenge for casual and hardcore players alike, while patching holes in the game’s systems.
Let’s take a look at what’s on offer:
New story missions and Strike
House of Wolves has players travelling to the Reef in response to a call from the Queen of the Awoken. The Fallen House of Wolves has rebelled against her rules and gone rogue, and players will accept bounties to track down these pirates.
Prison of Elders
The Prison of Elders is a new PvE endgame in which teams of three face off against three waves of each Darkness race, as well as a final boss. It features a randomly-generated, matchmade level 28 mode, as well as weekly set challenge modes at level 32, 34 and even 35. Successful completion nets you rare loot.
- Read all about the Prison of Elders
- Watch Arekkz play prison of Elders
- Claim your Prison of Elders rewards from Variks
Trials of Osiris
A new end-game for the best of the best from the PvP community, Trails of Osiris offers exclusive new loot and a heart-thumping challenge.
- How Trials of Osiris created a new PvP endgame
- Video overview of Trials of Osiris
- Watch a Trials of Osiris match
Changes to the Crucible
House of Wolves reinvigorates the Crucible, Destiny’s PvP mode, with new maps, a new mode and better rewards.
- Read about how the Crucible is getting a new lease on life
- Video of all four new Crucible maps
- Screenshots and descriptions of all four new Crucible maps
New weapons and armour
As you’d expect, House of Wolves adds a boatload of new loot to collect and marvel over – as well as unleash on your enemies.
- New Exotics and Legendaries coming in House of Wolves
- The Vestian Dysnasty sidearm – a handgun you can equip as a secondary weapon.
New vendor abilities and gear upgrades
House of Wolves won’t make your best gear or your favourite Tower characters redundant.
- How to ascend your weapons and armour to level 34
- Learn all about the new Vendor abilities
- Weapon reforging explained
House of Wolves makes some changes to how you upgrade gear, how you earn rewards, and the best use of your time.
- How House of Wolves gets us off the Raid grind treadmill
- Weekly Heroic and Nightfall Strikes uncoupled
- Commendations get the axe
- Everything you need to know about the Reef and gear upgrades
Want more information?
You can watch Bungie’s own reveal livestreams for a full recap.
All set, then? Let’s belt in for launch. Don’t forget to check in with put Week of Destiny feature series, looking back over Destiny’s history to date in the build up to the launch of House of Wolves.