Mortal Kombat X received another patch overnight that rebalances some fighters, corrects frame date, fixes multiplayer stat bugs, and gives players more control over ranked matches.
NetherRealm is continuing to support Mortal Kombat X with a new major patch focusing mostly on balance changes, but also adding new tweaks to online matchmaking. The patch went live a few hours ago on PlayStation 4. Xbox One and PC versions will follow soon. It’s a little bit on the large side, at about 1.3GB.
You will find the general tweaks and fixes below. For character-specific changes, head to the game’s blog.
- Many movelist frame data corrections
- Corrected many normal attacks that were intended to be 0 or negative on block were being overridden to be +2
- Hitting Front Punch + Back Punch + Front Kick at the same time at the special cancel window will no longer cause an enhanced move to come out
- Removed the ability to mash normal attacks while continuing to block after blocking an attack
- You can no longer cancel into an enhanced interaction during the first 10 frames of some block stuns
- Versus Session Stats are now correctly award as wins/losses when you pause and exit to player select or restart match (Versus Session Stats can be turned on in Main Menu > Options > Game Play)
- Fixed several characters being able to attack on the first frame of a jump.
Added unlock counter for Krypt
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from joining an in-progress Ladder, KOTH, or Team Battle match from a chat lobby
- Ping meter accuracy improvements
- You can now choose to not play a Ranked Match if the connection is below the set threshold
- Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match
- Player Skill Rating algorithm improved
- Fixed crash occurring when receiving online VS. Challenge while editing Kombat Kard
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when skipping the last fight in the Klassic Tower
- Fixed an issue causing some offline replays to report “playback does not agree”
- Added the ability to go full screen in the KOTH viewer by PS4 players who use devices that do not have a touchpad button