House of Wolves has changed the inventory and abilities of some of Destiny’s Tower vendors, and added new roles to others. Here’s everything you need to know.
Destiny House of Wolves: Tower vendor changes
The Tower is still fully operational in Destiny with the House of Wolves add-on applied, but some significant changes have been made to some of its vendors. You now have a lot more freedom to exchange materials and certain curios are more readily available. Here’s everything you need to know about the new shopkeepers and how they’ve changed with the update.
Changes to the Speaker
The Speaker is now able to exchange materials. For the first time in Destiny, it’s now possible to swap Ascendant Shards for Ascendant Energy, meaning you don’t have to raid constantly on Vault of Glass to boost your legendary weapons.
Here’s the full list of currency items the Speaker has for sale:
- Ascendant Shard (1 Ascendant Energy, 50 glimmer)
- Ascendant Energy (1 Ascendant Shard, 50 glimmer)
- Mote of Light (2 Ascendant Shards)
- 250 glimmer (1 Ascendant Shard)
- Radiant Shard (1 Radiant Energy, 50 glimmer)
- Radiant Energy (1 Radiant Shard, 50 glimmer)
- Mote of Light (2 Radiant Shards)
- 250 glimmer (1 Radiant Shard)
Changes to the Gunsmith
The Gunsmith now constantly carries telemetry for all classes of weapon. Telemetry upgrades boost the rate at which weapons level-up. These curios had been locked to Xur before House of Wolves, thus only being potentially available at the weekend. Never more.
In addition, the Gunsmith is now able to reforge any House of Wolves legendary weapons you have equipped. Note you can’t re-roll pre-expansion legendaries. Doing this resets their perks, but think carefully before you commit: there’s no going back once you press the button.
Here’s the full list of new gear and services the Gunsmith has for sale:
- Auto Rifle Telemetry (5 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
- Fusion Rifle Telemetry (5 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
- Hand Cannon Telemetry (5 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
- Pulse Rifle Telemetry (5 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
- Rocket Launcher Telemetry (5 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
- Scout Rifle Telemetry (5 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
- Reforge House of Wolves weapon (1 Mote of Light, 3 Weapon Parts, 250 glimmer)
And here’s a video detailing these changes.
Go to our House of Wolves guide.