Galactic Civilizations 3 will leave Steam Early Access next month for a full release, Stardok has announced.
The developer called the game the “largest and most diverse strategy sandbox to date,” as players have a variety of tools such as diplomatic treaties to resource exchanges, and United Planets resolutions to hundreds of research directions for scientists.
It also contains an “infinite number of ways to design and deploy starfleets,” and every area of the game from “planetary development, starbase construction, inter-faction negotiations, ideology” and more will present players with the ability to shape the galaxy with thier choices.
Stardok has made the game mod-friendly by providing modders with tons of content such as races, ships, technology and ideology branches to work with alongside the in-game ship designer – which is available for all players.
The game will make use of online multiplayer for the first time in the franchise along with leaderboards and metadata.
What does your rig need in order to run Galactic Civilizations 3? Have a look below.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD K10 Dual-Core
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 10.1 Video Card (AMD Radeon HD5x00 Series / Nvidia GeForce 500 Series / Intel HD 4000 or later)
- DirectX: Version 10
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor or Equivalent
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1 GB DirectX 10.1 Video Card
- Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Galactic Civilizations 3 was announced in 2013 and will be released on May 14.