Evolve is receiving a new patch that aims to put an end to the Wraith’s dominance.
Evolve developer Turtle Rock outlined a few of the changes coming in patch 1.3. The patch brings balance changes to the monsters – mainly the Wraith – as well as other various changes to Hunters’ tools based on player feedback.
I will post the monster balance changes below, since they’re the most important ones. You can check the official blog for the full list.
- Minor maintenance and improvements
- All monsters can see recent damage on their health bar to help make burst damage visible
- Fixing some flight edge cases that were causing inconsistencies making him too powerful or too weak depending on the situation
- Cooldown increased by one second
- Reduced knockback magnitude
-Tranq Darts, Stasis Grenades and Harpoons
- Pull Kraken down at a consistent rate regardless of whether he is in combat or out of combat. (they used to stack outside of combat)
- Kraken’s flight speed is no longer slowed by Tranqs since they pull him to the ground where running speed is affected
- Fixed a bug that was causing Aftershock to not break harpoon traps or Arc Mines
- Making her movement speed less bursty which makes her easier to keep track of. Making Supernova less lethal while still allowing it to be just as powerful. Making Warp Blast a damage dealer instead of a traversal mechanic
- Speed reduced 25%
- Duration decreased by 50%
- Wraith becomes visible for half a second when shot while cloaked
- Increased cooldown time by 2 seconds
- Speed reduced by 40%
- Range no longer levels up
- Radius levels up now
- Max travel distance set to 30 meters for all levels
- Damage increased by 10%
Patch 1.3 comes out today on PC, and next week on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.