Hideo Kojima has said he is “100% involved” in the continued development of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, confirming a statement made by Komani yesterday.
Kojima’s comment was included in a joint statement released by Konami today.
“I want to reassure fans that I am 100% involved and will continue working on Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain,” he said. “I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date. Don’t miss it.”
Komani’s also reassured the game would still be released on September 1 as planned and that Kojima would be evolved throughout.
The statement was an update to the one posted earlier this morning when Konami said it planned to “continue to develop and distribute top-quality content” in the Metal Gear Solid franchise.
If you missed the news that all traces of Kojima’s name has been removed from the MGS5 marketing material yesterday, as well as the rumors stemming from said occurrence, you can get caught up through here.