The Dying Light Hard Mode patch did more than just make your zombie survival life significantly more difficult.
Dying Light’s Hard Mode was added in a patch that released earlier today.
In addition to introducing a new level of challenge, the patch made a few unannounced changes. For one thing, there’s a whole new rarity tier for weapons, with over 50 new weapons added, too.
There are also new outfits, including four new ones for finishing the story campaign, plus improvements to parkour and missions.
Here are the patch notes from Steam; expect the console version to be pretty similar.
– Hard Mode added
– National outfits added
– 4 outfits as a reward for finishing the story campaign added
– Over 50 new weapons added
– New weapon rarity level – extremely rare Gold weapons added
– Various balance tweaks of weapons, loot chests, shops and crafting
– Various improvements to game quests
– Improvements in natural movement flow
– Resolved various stability issues including co-op
– Improved overall game performance
– Various improvements in world and character art
- Be the Zombie:
– New option to enable zombie invasions with co-op disabled added
- Linux specific improvements:
– Added AMD Radeon support (Please note – the NPC dialogue lip-sync will be enabled in a future patch)
– Improved performance significantly
– Fixed glitch when changing resolution
– Improved mouse scroll speed in map menu
– Disabled SSAO and AA options (TBD)
– Fixed minor rendering issues
– Fixed screenshots capturing
– Fixed crashed related to audio driver