Watch Dogs outsold GTA 5, and FIFA 15, at retail in Australia last year.
According to data obtained by the Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (IGEA) from the NPD Group Australia, last year’s year retail sales charts look a bit different in Australia.
The top-selling game was Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, followed by Watch Dogs. The numbers are based on physical retail sales for all platforms, including PC.
Overall Software sales totalled $614.5 million in 2014, a decline of 5.3% from 2013. PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, and 3DS sales have all experienced growth however.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
- Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC, NWU)
- FIFA 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSV)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
- Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, NWU, PC)
- Battlefield 4 (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
Watch Dogs has of course been on shelves longer than FIFA 15 or the new-gen version of GTA 5, which was probably a factor in those numbers.