Bethesda has announced a beta for Creation Kit update 1.9.33, lifts the 100MB size restriction for Skyrim mod makers.
The beta is for both Skyrim’s PC launcher and the Creation Kit which will allow for unlimited file sizes.
Here are the notes:
Creation Kit 1.9.33 Update
- Creation Kit now supports unlimited file sizes for mods on the Steam Workshop.
- The Preview Image is limited to no larger than 1 MB.
- The Skyrim Launcher no longer downloads mods from Steam Workshop. Downloads are now managed by the Steam Client. The Skyrim Launcher updates the game after the Steam Client finishes the download.
How to participate in these beta releases:
- Log into Steam
- Click on your game Library.
- Right click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and select Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Skyrim Beta
- Next from Library, access Tools from the drop down.
- Right click on Creation Kit and select Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Creation Kit Beta
- Steam will now restart.
- After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
More information is available on the Bethesda Blog.