Destiny players, you asked for it and Bungie has delivered it: you can now swap items in and out of the vault using the companion app.
“Destiny needs more vault space” you cry – and yes, this is true. But while we all struggle with the limitations imposed on us by Bungie, we face all kinds of annoyances.
Most of these annoyances have now been erased thanks to a quiet update included in patch 1.1.1 – vault access from the companion app.
Reddit user NinjaBaconCupcakes (accidentally paste your password into the user name field there, mate?) has clearly and concisely outlined the consequences of this subtle chance:
- You can move stuff from the vault to a character while the character is in game and it will show up like a drop.
- You can move stuff from your character to the vault.
- No option to directly move stuff from one character to another – have to go through the vault
- You can SPLIT RESOURCES from the vault to character and from the character to the vault
- You can do this with any character you have…even the one you are playing
These new capacities have been confirmed to work on both Android and iOS, and when you’re using the app on a different network to the one your console is connected to.
If the ramifications still escape you: you don’t have to go back to the tower to grab things you need when your fireteam decides to change activities. You don’t need to change characters to switch weapons between them. You don’t even need to go to orbit!
This is a really excellent QOL update for Destiny, and Bungie deserves a small round of applause at the very least.