An expansion for The Binding of Isaac has been announced by its developer, Edmund McMillen.
The add-on, called Afterbirth, will contain the following when it releases mid-year:
- Over 100 new items
- Afull new game mode that will totally change how you play
- 10 new challenges
- A new playable character
- A new alternate final chapter
- New alt floors
- New game endings
- New final bosses
- Tons of new bosses and enemies
- New item pickups, cards, pills, etc.
- Tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
- New co-op babies
- New transformations
McMillen also listed nine challenge suggestions from players, some of which could make it into the DLC.
The Biding of Isaac: Afterbirth will last around 100-200 hours and is without a firm release date.