Deep Down taking ages because it has to last 15 years, says producer

By Brenna Hillier, Thursday, 12 February 2015 20:29 GMT

Deep Down hasn’t had much to show for itself lately, but it’s still happening.

deep_down

Deep Down has never been confirmed for western launch, so Capcom doesn’t tell us much about it. Things are different in Japan, though, and the publisher maintains a social media presence for the free-to-play action RPG.

Still, even Japanese gamers want to know where the MIA game is, as there have been few updates over the past couple of months – and they’ve been waiting for it since the Phanta Rhei showcase was revealed way back when the PS4 was first announced.

It sounds like Capcom is happy for this one to take as long as it takes, judging by a recent Famitsu article translated by Kotaku.

“We are currently working diligently on Deep Down, so please give us a little more time,” director Yoshinori Ono said.

“We may be able to show you some big developments this year.”

“[Deep Down] is a title that has to be able to compete for the next 15 years or so, so from a graphics standpoint we can’t release it as it is now, saying that it’s the best there is,” producer Kazunori Sugiura added.

So far we’ve seen very little of Deep Down besides dungeon battles, but it’s apparently going to have more open world gameplay as well.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

Deep Down