2015’s first Destiny patch is live and we’ve got all the changes.
As promised last week, Bungie has fixed or otherwise removed a few of the exploits that players utilised in order to “cheese” some of Crota’s End encounters. In addition, the weekly Nighfall strikes will now have a chance to drop nine or more Strange Coins.
Fixes to the rewards you get from doing the public events were also made, along with introducing new ones for the Iron Banner, which starts tomorrow.
- Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
- In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins
- Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner playlists: The Anomaly, Asylum, The Burning Shrine
- Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
- Playlist weapon drops: Level 32 Sniper Rifle, Level 32 Auto Rifle
- Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear: Level 32 Hand Cannon, Level 32 Rocket Launcher, Level 32 Gauntlets, Level 31 Chest
- On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade
–Vault of Glass
- Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
- Rewards: treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials.
The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
- Pit Encounter: Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
- Bridge Encounter: players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
- Deathsinger Encounter: fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
- Crota Encounter: two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active