Koei Tecmo has announced European pre-order bonus and DLC details for Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, along with a new release date. The firm has also released the game’s opening cinematic.
Originally slated for release in Europe on January 30, the game will now arrive on February 27. We’re checking to see whether the North American date has been changed as well.
The pre-order bonus DLC comes with the following: Edit Armour Set 1 (for male characters) available through GAME; and Edit Armour Set 2 (for female characters), available via ShopTo or PSN.
A third DLC, the Special Costume Set (Date Mashamune, Guan Yinping, Guo Jia and Tenko costumes) will be available via independent retailers through CentreSoft.
The firm also unveiled Xun Yu, a game character who hails from the Wei Kingdom. Using the character you can wield his favorite weapon, the “Formation Rod”. He is in the first video below.
Characters will have a favored weapons, and here are nine others:
- Deng Ai’s “Revolving Crossbow” for long and short ranged.
- Guan Suo’s “Sabatons” which are equipped on the feet for air combo attacks.
- Lianshi’s “Mandarin Duck Hooks” – dual handed with a short reach but really fast.
- Liu Shan’s “Dragon Column” known for its variety of special counterattacks.
- Meng Huo’s hefty “Stele” that transform into a palm tree or other items during Strong Attacks.
- Sun Quan’s “Flame Blade”, a well-rounded powerful sword, enveloped in flames with fast attack speed .
- Wang Yi’s “Emei Piercers” used by assassins for short reach, rapid attacks.
- Xiaoqiao’s “Paired Fans” which can create a flurry of small tornadoes.
- Yueying’s “Bladebow” which is a mix between a cross-bow and a short-range sword that fires a homing arrow.
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will arrive at retail for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while the Steam and PlayStation 3 versions will be digital-only releases.